Surface-Effect Mounts - LORD Industrial Products
Mid-Atlantic Rubber is your supplier for LORD Surface-Effect Mounts. With combined surface-effect damping principles and traditional rubber-bonded-to-metal technology, the result is a soft mount capable of providing effective damping over large deflections and a wide range of frequencies. LORD Surface-Effect Mounts meet the most demanding requirements for vibration isolation and noise attenuation while controlling motion.
Surface-Effect Mounts are simple in construction, and the absence of pressure seals and fluids eliminates the possibility of leaks common with hydraulic mounts. In accelerated durability tests, these mounts have successfully passed more than 11 million cycles (the equivalent of 3 million kilometers or 2 million miles of Class 8 truck cab service) without significant wear.
- A smoothly damped response at low and medium frequencies with isolation at high frequencies; natural frequency is 6 Hz at rated load
- Amplitude sensitive, responding to larger motions with greater damping forces
- Speed mount optimization and vehicle development by allowing easy in-the-field adjustment of damping and small displacement decoupling
- Accommodate a wide range of rated loads
- Withstand R.O.P.S. loads with the addition of support rings. Further non-standard support rings for special applications are available
- Offer optimal tuning through the modular spring/damper assembly for ride comfort and motion control
- Exhibit long, highly reliable service life
Download Catalog Page